That was me!
Based on a true story (written Fall 2008)
Based on a true story (written Fall 2008)
It was a bright sunny day and I was horsing around with my best friend Trey and one of his friend’s. Trey and I have so many things in common we could be twins! We were at a soccer field while our younger siblings played soccer. I ran at Trey and knocked him to the ground while his friend surprisingly said “Dude you just got towed by a girl!”
Since I always played as rough as a Rhino with Trey I decided to throw Trey to the ground again. I grabbed his arm, spun him around, grabbed his back and threw him to the ground. Almost immediately Trey started yelling and screaming about his wrist. Right then I was confused and wondering, “What’s going on? Did I break his arm?” Although his hand was strait his wrist was twisted almost all the way around. His two bones had snapped and broken.
“Trey is that for real? I’m so sorry Trey!” I quickly asked as I started to cry. I felt horrible! I felt like someone had murdered me though I was the one who had hurt someone else! Trey’s Dad was a doctor so he and other people rushed over to Trey. I started crying even harder while I ran away at my fastest speed. I sat down Indian style. I covered my eyes and started wailing even harder! My Dad came over to me and asked me what was wrong. I told my Dad what I had done. My Dad then asked if I wanted to go see Trey. I felt too bad to go see my best friend in pain so I sadly replied no. I watched a women run across the field with a first aid case. I slowly stopped crying. My soccer team mates came over to me. I told them what was wrong. They were depressed by the loss of a very talented teammate. (Trey was on my soccer team) I watched Trey leave to go to the hospital while crying and screaming, “Don’t cut it off! Please just take away the pain! Oh please!”
I left later that day. I was playing on the computer trying to take my mind off things when my Dad asked me if I wanted to make cookies for Trey. I happily replied yes while thinking if Trey would still like me. My dad handed me the cookie scooper. I wanted to go see Trey so bad I scooped the dough out of the bowl as fast as a baby cheetah could run. After I scooped out all the cookies I ate a little cookie dough when a few minutes after “DING!” the cookies were done. Doing this service made me feel much better. We put the cookies on a white, disposable plate and wrapped it in plastic. My Dad called us and we quickly got in my Mom’s silver Toyota to go to Trey’s 3 story house. Once we got to Trey’s house his brother Josh came outside and exclaimed, “WOW! That’s a huge balloon!” He was looking at the “get well soon” balloon I had bought for Trey at Kroger. After we were invited inside all the parents started talking but the Moms talked the most. Trey’s mom took pictures of all the kids and some of just me and Trey. My mom handed Trey’s mom the cookies and right that second Trey’s other little brother Matt looked at them very hungrily while saying, “Can I have one right now? Please, please? I’m sooo hungry-Especially for cookies!” All of us kids headed down to the basement after the pictures. (When the parents all started talking again.) Trey turned on the TV and started watching cartoons while all the other kids along with me started playing with the big and little bouncy balls Treys family had. A few minutes later Trey started Garfield cartoons and everybody stopped their playing and enjoyed the show. About ten minutes later my Mom told us we had to leave and we left. Trey forgave me very quickly for he and his parent’s knew I didn’t hurt him like that on purpose. This made me feel happy and secure in my friendship with Trey.
I used to chase boys all the time. It was my happy hobby. I ran at the boys so they wouldn’t bug me but after that incident I would just ask them to stop or tell an adult. Trey still hangs around with me and we don’t play tough. I only run or play tag with Trey. His parents are still friends with me and my family. They knew what I did was not to hurt Trey on purpose. Trey is my best friend and he always will be.
The End
No comments:
Post a Comment