January 30, 2010

Holly's Story

“Uuuuuuuuh! Why does Georgia have to come with me to Lizzie’s house, Mom?” I yelled at the top of my lungs. I, Holly Stornwell was about to go to Lizzie Corning’s house. Everybody likes her so I’m lucky to be on her “good people list”. I couldn’t wait to go. Then I heard that my sister, Georgia Stornwell was going to come with me.
“Because Georgia doesn’t have any where to go and I have to go to my job, massaging sumo wrestlers!” my mom shouted. That is one of the most embarrassing things ever! My mom took me to her work once and I nearly threw up from the sight of my mom massaging nearly naked, fat sumo wrestlers.
“It’s so unfair though! She ruins every thing! She’s a dramatic little brat! She gets everything she wants! It’s not fair!!” I shouted in fury. I really was telling the truth. She gets mom to do something she wants and then when moms gone she smirks and laughs at me. I’ve been trying to get my mom to go on a diet. She’s kind of fat but she compares herself to those sumo wrestlers and when she does, she seems like the skinniest person in the world. It really bothers me.
“Your sister is coming and that’s FINAL!” my mom screamed. She stomped out of the room and of course, there goes Georgia smirking her head off. She is so annoying! I sighed and walked out the door. Georgia followed.
“Mommy said I had to come Holly! Wait for meeee!” Georgia complained. Then she dramatically started crying. She really displeases me!
“I know Georgia, you should be following me and I’m not waiting! I should be at Lizzie’s house right now!” I shouted. I kept walking and I turned around in front of Lizzie’s house. Georgia had been following with that look she has when her drama doesn’t work. I wish she was a nicer sister. Any ways, I walked up the steps to Lizzie’s mansion. She’s a rich, nice, girl. Rare, isn’t it. I hit her doorbell with my index finger then froze. I was so scared. About 30 seconds after I rang, Lizzie’s butler, Cameron, answered the door. It felt like 5 hours.
“Welcome to the Corning residence. Are you Madam Lizzie’s company?” Cameron asked.
“I-i-i think so.” I answered.
“Come in then, company Holly.” Cameron continued. I walked in and stared around at the humongous staircase, ginormous living room, the super big family room and the parents 2 huge offices. It was bigger than I imagined. “Madam Lizzie is up the elevator, floor 9, and the first door to the right. She will be waiting for you, company Holly.” Cameron directed. I walked to the elevator and pressed the up button. The door sprang open and I squealed. Cameron eyed me. I stepped in and pressed the button that said 9. The door to the elevator nearly closed and then opened again. I had forgotten about Georgia. Her face was blowing red!
“Oops. Sorry Georgia.” I said, cowering. She kicked me in the shin and slapped me across the face. It hurt. The door closed and it went so fast, that I didn’t have time to sit in the massage chair that was in the elevator. I noticed that it was there since there were 5,676 floors. I thought it was tall from the outside. The door sprang open and I walked out. There was the first door to the right. It said “Lizzie’s play room” right on the door. I knocked on the door softly and waited.
“Come in Holly. Cameron texted me your arrival.” Lizzie said. She’s really nice. I walked in. Lizzie was sitting at a table, drawing a picture of her and Rianna. Rianna was her best friend. I was just a friend.
“Hey Holly. Whadda you wanna do?” I asked in a clearly nervous voice.
“I guess we could draw a bit. Then we could go swimming. Don’t worry; I have an extra swimsuit for you.” Lizzie answered. All of a sudden there was pounding at the door. I blushed. I had forgotten about Georgia again.
“Oh, I guess I forgot out my little sister. Heh, heh. My mom had to go to work and made me bring her along.” I said pitifully. I opened the door and Georgia charged in.
“I guess I could give her an extra swimsuit too.” Lizzie said smiling. Georgia didn’t seem to bother her. Georgia sat down, a calm look on her face. She grabbed some paper and a few crayons and started drawing. I followed her actions. I drew a pumpkin and a few fruits. Lizzie looked at them and smiled. After five minutes of silence Lizzie stood up stretched and said, “I guess we’ll go swim now. Here’s a suit Holly. And here’s one for you Georgia.” Lizzie said. She tossed me and Georgia a swimsuit. “There are 2 bathrooms right outside this door. Each of you can use one while I change in this one from this room” Lizzie directed. Georgia and I walked out the door and into the bathrooms outside the door. After I changed I walked out of the bathroom and there was Georgia and Lizzie waiting for me. “Just follow me. I’ll lead the way.” Lizzie said. They walked down the hall, into an elevator, Lizzie pressed the basement button and the elevator zoomed down. It jerked to a stop and Georgia huddled by me. I pushed her away and she grimaced. Lizzie walked out of the elevator and me and Georgia followed. Lizzie squealed, ran and dived in the pool. “Come on in! The water’s great!” Lizzie shouted to me. I smiled, ran and jumped in. I’d never been in such a warm swimming pool! It was a little cooler than a hot tub and way warmer than a real pool. It was heaven. I swam towards Lizzie and followed her as she got out. They walked over to a set of high diving boards. They were 15 feet high! Lizzie motioned to me to climb the second high dive as she climbed the first. I smiled, and climbed. It was a long way up and I was exhausted. I think Lizzie could tell that I was exhausted because she pressed a button and an attached, invisible but now visible luxury room. It had a massaging chair and a free snack machine. I was surprised. Lizzie and I sat down and we pressed a shiny red button next to our chair that said, “CANDY”. My candy popped up and I was about to take a bite when I heard a surprising yell.
“HOOOOOLLLLLLLLLYYYY!! HEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLPP!!” it was Georgia. She had slipped off the purple, extra large noodle she was using and she didn’t know how to swim! My annoying but precious and only little sister was sinking! She was sinking! Lizzie jumped up and got ready to dive but I motioned to her to stay back so I could save my sister. Lizzie backed off and I dived into the 15 feet deep pool. I swam with all my might and I quickly reached Georgia. She was already 5 feet underwater and sinking like a 500 lb weight! Before I could go 2 feet she was 10 feet under and the water pressure was closing in on her. I dived down with all my might. She hit the rock hard bottom of the pool and the pressure was also closing in on me who was 10 feet under. I was starting to float back up! I frantically swam down. I was almost there! I made to the bottom! I grabbed Georgia around the chest and the thighs. I pushed off the bottom of the pool and kicked vigorously to get back up. I was running out of breath now! Almost there, and I made it! I sucked in the wonderful air and swam towards the edge. By now, Lizzie had climbed down the high dive and was waiting for me by the edge. I passed geogia onto Lizzie who set her down carefully on a bed (on of the chairs by the pool that you sit in during break at your pool). I quickly climbed out of the pool and rushed to Georgia’s side. I put my ear on her chest and listened for a heart beat. After a few seconds, there it was. I heard Georgia’s heart beating! I jumped up and placed my hands on her stomach. I pressed down and up spurted water from Georgia’s mouth. She was alive! Alive, alive, and alive!! I pressed down again and I got the same conclusion. I did this 6 times and boom! Georgia took in a breath. Unfortunately she was still asleep. I smiled and fell asleep, laying across Georgia.
“Whe-where am I?”I asked. I woke up in a strange room and my vision was kind of unfocused. After about a minute I could see clear again. I was in a hospital room but it had better stuff than usual.
“You’re in the thousandths floor hospital room. You’re sister is right next to you in the pink bed. You got the plain white one.” Lizzie said. She was standing right next to me by my bed. I had some wrap thing on my arm and I assumed it was an I.V.. I must have gotten pneumonia. “You got pneumonia from being underwater for so long. You were really brave!” I was right because Lizzie just spoke my mind
“I-is G-g-georgia o-okay?” I asked, my voice tumbling over the words. Lizzie nodded. “Can I get up and see her?” I questioned. Lizzie smiled real wide and nodded again. She took out the I.V. and I walked over to my sisters little pink bed. She was awake and, with her eyes half open, watching the movie Shark’s Tale. I loved that movie and I sat down on the side of her bed. She looked up at me, scowled and took off her head phones.
“Whadda you want?” Georgia said in a mean voice. I guess no one had told how I saved her life.
“I just wanted to let you know that if it weren’t for me you would have drowned, suffocated, and died. I saved your life so don’t give me that look and scowl.” I said, smiling. Georgia’s eyes widened and she gave me a big hug. I no longer hated her and she no longer bothered me. We lived happily ever after. And before she died 3 days ago she said to me,
“Holly, I want to let you know that you were the best brother ever.”
Yep, that’s right. I forgot to tell you that I’m a 12 year old boy. Oops.
THE END

No comments: