Part 1
By Waveney
It was a calm and shining day in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Down at the bottom of it was the house of the Shambleg’s. Now the Shambleg’s were hermit crabs that could live undersea because they were well, sort of able to breath down there. I have no idea why this certain family of hermit crabs could breathe undersea so please don’t ask. Anyway Lilly Shambleg was the only child in this family. She was sitting on her very soft water bed and was decorating the headrest with shining shells from the land. She would always brag to her friends about how long she could hold her breathe on land. She could hold it for 29 precise seconds. She sighed and dropped her shining shells. She was hungry. She got up and crawled over to her candy corn basket for some. She would fill it up every time it was empty. Today was one of those times.
“Empty again!” she said for she had just filled it up yesterday. She grabbed ten shellbucks and went into the living room. When she walked in the living room she said to her mom who was knitting as always.
“I’m going to buy some more candy corn, Mom.” Lilly said loudly.
“Again? I thought you just bought some more yesterday.” Her mom replied.
“Yeah well apparently my new pet fly Carz still had his air bubble on and he ate the rest of it.” Lilly replied. She walked out the front door, put her helmet on, and rode her water powered scooter to the candy store. When she walked in through the door a bell rang. Ms. Warnetlekan looked up from her cash register and smiled at her usual customer. She was the candy store owner and she was the only person who worked there. She was a Wing Flying fish. The store was called Ms.Warnetlekan’s Cool Candy store and the kids call it M&W&C, C. Lilly went over to the Candy corn circle. The front of the “Triple C circle” didn’t have any candy corn so Lilly turned it with her claw. There still wasn’t any candy corn so she turned it again. STILL no candy corn. She sighed and walked over to the buying place.
“Ms.Warnetlekan, I think you’re out of candy corn.” She said.
“I know it’s a really bad thing isn’t it. I already ordered some more so it’ll be here soon.” Ms.Warnetlekan replied.
“How soon? How many days?” Lilly asked.
“Umm... I think it’ll take about four weeks for it to come in.” Ms.W answered.
“Four weeks! I can’t go without candy corn for that long!” Lilly cried. She walked out the door and put on her helmet. She got on her scooter and rode home. When she got home she walked in the door with a frown on her face.
“What’s wrong honey?” her mother asked sympathy on her face.
“M&W&C, C was out of candy corn and there won’t be any more for about 4 weeks and maybe even longer!” Lilly replied.
“Oh dear! Honey I’m not sure that you can go that long without candy corn.” Her mother replied, worry showing in her voice.
“That’s exactly what I was thinking when I walked out of the store! Can we go for our evening walk now? It’s 5 already.” She replied then asked.
“Sure I guess. Just let me put my shoes on.” Her mom said getting up from her knitting and walking over to the family shoe basket. She picked up her shoes and walked over to the couch again. As she untied her shoes she watched Lilly walk back to her room. Lilly was walking down the hall but then stopped suddenly. Lilly picked up the picture of her dad and her eyes suddenly filled with tears. Lilly’s dad had died one year ago in the Sharmainian waterquake. In the Sharmainian waterquake the water went wilder than it ever had before and it killed many people including Lilly’s dad. Lilly put the picture down and walked into her room. She grabbed her shoes and slipped them on while she was sitting on her bed. She then walked out of her room and down the hall and opened the front door. He mom walked out side and Lilly followed. They walked a few blocks in silence.
“Look mom! Look at that sign! Someone is selling candy corn just a block away from here!” Lilly suddenly shouted pointing with her left claw at a small sign. Lilly started running as fast as she could down the block. She stopped in front of a huge line and started waiting. 30 minutes later she was finally at the front of the line.
“2 bags of candy corn please.” She asked.
“That’ll be 2 dollars Ms.Shambleg.” a boy named Varlen said to her smiling. He was a quillback fish and he was best friends with Lilly. Lilly unzipped her pocket and searched for her wallet. She couldn’t find it.
“Sorry Varlen, I can’t find my wallet.” She said sadly.
“Well, with this line I’m afraid I can’t hold your spot Lilly.” He replied, a frown forming on his face.
“Okay. I’ll just go find my wallet and then get in the back of the line.” She replied. She walked out of line and headed down the block. She was walking and staring at her feet when she accidently ran into someone who was going through a wallet.
“Oh! Sorry Lilly!” her best friend Varkeela (who was a zingle fish) was smiling at her.
“It’s okay. I’m sorry too.” Lilly replied. She looked at the wallet Varkeela had been going through.
“Hey Lilly, is this your wallet? I found it on the ground over here and I was looking for a name in it.” Varkeela asked Lilly.
“Yeah I think it is mine! Thanks for finding it Varkeela.” Lilly replied. Lilly took the wallet and walked down the block. She was watching her feet again when she ran into someone AGAIN. She looked up with a confused look on her face. She was curious about who she had run into this time.
“Hey! If you want some candy corn, get in the back of the line!” a strange man said to her. Lilly looked at who was behind the man. It was the line for candy corn. She walked down the line a very long way from the man and finally met the end of the line. She was very far from getting candy corn and when it was her turn to buy candy corn she smiled for her legs were very tired.
“I’m sorry Lilly but we’re out of candy corn now.” Varlen said to her frowning sadly.
“Okay.”Lilly said her voice cracking. “I was thinking about breaking my addiction to candy corn any way.” Lilly smiled and everyone lived happily- Wait, scratch that! All of a sudden a candy corn truck drove by. Lilly couldn’t help her self. She ran as fast as she could and jumped onto the back of the truck. She held on with all of her might and her mom and Varlen screamed after her.
To be continued in part 2
Part 2
By Waveney Brooks
Lilly cried as she reached down and tried to open the back of the candy corn truck she had jumped on by force of habit since she hadn’t had and candy corn in like forever (in her mind). She opened the back of the truck and air piled out of it. She wasn’t expecting this so of course she gagged and gasped for water since she lived underwater (she was in a weird family of underwater hermit crabs). When she could breathe again she crawled into the truck and shut the door. She sat down and then realized what was right in front of her. It was millions and millions of bags of candy corn!! Lilly felt as if she were in heaven. She gobbled down all fifty-five packages of candy corn then faced another pile of one hundred fifty-five packages of candy corn. She devoured those also. When there was no more candy corn she fell asleep and dreamed that she was back at home. When she woke up she was happy. “Mom, I had the worst dream ever! I almost had to try and give up my candy corn addiction and I got stick on a candy corn and” she broke off. She looked around her self and realized that it wasn’t a dream. She was in the candy corn truck. Her stomach was full and she had to go to the bathroom. “Eek! This is a bad thing!! Where will I go to the bathroom?” she said frowning. She looked around and realized there was a completely empty bucket in the corner. “Well I guess I might as well do my business the olden’ way!” she said frowning. She picked up the bucket and did her business. When she was done she sighed and was glad she got that out of her. She realized that she was now very bored. All of a sudden she heard a low sounding noise. It sounded like a merkonia. You blew water into it and it made noise. She remembered how her dad had one of those. She looked over in the corner that the noise was coming from. She hadn’t looked at this corner before. When she saw the corner she saw a man playing his merkonia. He looked as if he had been in a water quake and Lilly could tell that he hadn’t shaved in a while. He was an odd hermit crab like Lilly and he had a huge shell full of stuff.
“Hello little missy. My name is Jeremiah Shambleg and I was one of the few people to survive the Sharmainian waterquake. But I did it secretly. No one knows I’m even alive. Boy do I miss my little girl and my wife.” He sighed. Lilly’s eyes widened at the mention of her fathers name and kept widening the whole time he spoke.
“I-i-i-i am Lilly Shambleg, y-y-y-your d-d-d-d-daughter. Dad! I thought you were dead!!!! How could you do this to me and mom!?!?” Lilly said her voice rising. Her father’s eyes also widened at the mention of her name. He jumped up and hugged Lilly a big long hug. Lilly hugged him back.
“Lilly you will never believe how much I missed you! I spent my nights staring at this picture of you and your mother!!” Lilly’s dad dug in his pocket and pulled out a picture of her and her mom. “I missed you more than the distance between Pluto and the Sun! How did you get here anyway?!” Lilly’s father said.
“I missed you so much to! After you supposedly died I became addicted to candy corn. I was about to stop my addiction when I saw this specific candy corn truck drive by and I jumped onto here by force. I was really sad but now I’m glad I did jump on this truck. Come on dad! We have to get off here and go home. You can see mom!” Lilly responded. Her dad nodded and smiled
“You’re right. I do want to see Cassandra SOOOO much. Come on, on the count of three we’ll open the back door and jump out. Then we’ll find our way home.” He responded. He counted to three and he and Lilly opened the door. They jumped out and landed rolling on the gravel. Luckily they had their shells. They stood up and wiped off their shells. “Well, it looks like we got stuck in Kernlepan town. One of the most dangerous, shark infested waters. Most people don’t care about that. They think it’s a FAKE MYTH. But I’ve traveled through here and I’ve found out its true. TRUST me.” Lilly’s father whispered.
“Eeeeeeuuw. That’s scary! What if one of us gets stolen? What’ll we do then?” Lilly said shivering.
“If they got me I’ll find a way out. I’ve done it before. If it’s you then I’ll save you. I saved a young boy shrimp once from the sharks. Hard times, hard times. But I can guarantee you that the sharks probably won’t get us.” Lilly’s dad said. He was about to say something else when there were suddenly loud screams. They were screams of all kind from all ages. They suddenly spotted some shrimp and kettle fish being chased by huge tattooed sharks. The sharks were smiling and licking their lips. The smallest one picked a tiny shrimp and stuck him in a shell, then holding the shell with his mouth swam back towards a cave that said “SHARK CAVING! BEWARE: YOU’RE ENTRY MIGHT MEAN YOUR DEATH!!!” he swam in it and disappeared.
“RUUUUN LILLY!!!!! They can catch you alive!!” her father shouted as he started running himself. Lilly ran as fast as she could. A humongous fin grabbed her and she screamed loudly with all her might. “Lilly! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” her father screamed frantically grabbing at her. He missed as shark tugged her up and held her in his mouth by her shell.
“DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDY! Help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Lilly shouted at the top of her lungs. She started to cry as she was carried off into the shark caving with her dad screaming after her.
To be continued in part 3
Part 3
By Waveney Brooks, 4th grade
“Let go of me you rude, nasty, lifeless shark!” Lilly shouted at the head shark, Lemorgan, as he carried Lilly Shambleg into the dangerous shark caving. The shark grunted then released its grip on Lilly, causing her to fall to the hard rocky, shark caving floor. She screamed as she fell and then smiled, suddenly falling asleep on the soft, cushiony, sleep spell floor. Lilly woke up to the sound of grown sharks laughing.
“Okay here’s a good one. Why did the shrimp cross the road?” a shark that looked in his twenties said.
“I don’t know. Why Leonard?” a girl shark said. She had a tattoo that said “Juliette plus Leonard. Lilly figured she was Juliette and the one telling the joke was her husband/boyfriend, Leonard. She also heard that sharks never got married.
“To get the shrimp treat in my mouth! Hahahahahahahahahaha!” Leonard said, pointing to his mouth and laughing as all the other sharks did.
“What’s all this laughing about?” a deep growly voice said. All the sharks froze in their spots, then quickly grabbing whatever cleaning tool lay beside them. They started cleaning, fright showing on their faces. The shark with the deep growly voice was the leader, Lemorgan. Lemorgan walked around, and then suddenly slapped Leonard. “You missed the little shrimp’s blood!” he said. When Lemorgan slapped Leonard, Juliette had accidentally gripped her broom until it broke, then ran to get another. She didn’t like seeing her boyfriend get slapped. Lemorgan turned around and noticed Lilly. He smirked and walked over to her saying, “Well look who woke up in her new room. It’s the magic hermit crab we’ve spent our life looking for. You know little missy your father killed our old leader, Jonaklen, making me master. That’s his coffin over there. He was my father.” Lemorgan picked up the cage Lilly was in and continued, “You’re our new nurse, maid, cook, and all other stuff for us. Put this on.” He threw in a little shark dress. It was extra extra extra extra extra small for her. All the sharks turned around as she changed. There was a speaker in the dress so the giant sharks could here the tiny her.
“There. Done. You can turn around now.” Nobody turned around. She checked the speaker and repeated herself. All of a sudden the sharks put their left fin on their hips and snapped with their right fin. They jumped around and Lemorgan snapped a hat on, and grabbed a microphone from his back pocket.
“We’re the sharks and you’re our maid. Our nurse, our chef, the one who makes lemonade. You treat us all nicely but we don’t praise. You have to smile all day and sleep in a cage. We rap to you and laugh at you. And you just sit there like dumb, old goo. As matter of fact we think you’re dumb. We don’t care if your claws are numb. WE’RE THE SHARKS!! YEAH!!” Lemorgan sang while dancing. He was joined in at some parts and all the sharks shouted the last two sentences with him. Lilly stood there dumbstruck and the sharks went back to normal. “That’ll be your lullaby every night. Good luck getting much sleep. We don’t need any sleep and so we’ll do it ALL NIGHT! We memorized it ever since, well the loss of my father. Now we’ll put it to use!” Lemorgan said in her face. He opened his mouth again and laughed an evil laugh. Lilly fell asleep again. She went through a few days of doing what told. On the 4th day the sharks were cleaning up from their lullaby when suddenly a loud, booming voice spoke. It was louder than Lemorgan’s voice!
“I have returned for the girl! Trade her for your safety! It’s me JEREMIAH SHAMBLEG!!!” The voice said. Lilly smiled, and the sharks froze. “Have Lemorgan take Lilly to the front of shark caving and give her to me. Also have her change back to normal clothes.”
“Y-y-you heard your father Lilly, change back to normal clothes.” Said Lemorgan. All the sharks turned around and Lilly changed back. When she was done the sharks turned around and Lemorgan carefully got her out of her cage. He swam to the front of the shark caving. “H-h-here all powerful Jeremiah. Your daughter is on the ground of the front of the shark caving, unharmed. I’ll go back now.” Lemorgan said. He frantically swam back to the other sharks sweating like mad. Lilly’s father walked out from behind a boulder with a super megaphone.
“Daddy! You saved me! Now we can go home!!” Lilly cried out, running to her dad. She and her dad hugged a big long hug again. “You won’t believe what they did to me! They made me their maid, cook, and nurse! I worked so hard and didn’t get any sleep! They sang me this stupid song to make it so I wouldn’t sleep! They didn’t stop at all for the whole night!”
“Oh Lilly, I’m so sorry you went through all that! It just took me a while to get this super megaphone, and then to travel all the way back here. I went as fast as possible! We better hurry if we want to get home before dark!” her father said with tons of emotion. They ran and ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. They finally got to their town at 5:00 but they lived at the other side of town. They panted and drank a lot from a water fountain then ran again. Lilly was becoming very tired.
“Aaaaaah!” Lilly said as she tripped on a rock. Lilly sprained her back foot and her dad gave her a piggy back rides most of the way until they came to their street.
“HOME SWEET HOME!!” Lilly’s dad said, carefully putting Lilly down. He ran towards their house and Lilly struggled to keep up. Lilly’s mom was knitting on the front porch crying. “CASSANDRA!!!! IT’S ME!! JEREMY!!!!!!” HER DAD SHOUTED. Lilly’s mom dropped her knitting, smiled, and ran towards her long lost husband. They hugged and kissed, Lilly’s mom welcoming Lilly’s dad. Lilly stopped running, smiled, and every thing went blurry.
“Huh?” Lilly said waking up in her bed. “It w-w-was a dream. Dad is dead! And I must have fainted at the thought of stopping my candy corn addiction.” She started cry and then looked towards her door sobbing.
“No it wasn’t Lilly. You didn’t dream you fainted when you got home. Her dad said smiling. His arm was around Lilly’s mom and they were standing in the doorway!
“Dad you’re alive for real! I wasn’t dreaming! I love you! I love you both!!” Lilly said running and hugging her parents. When she was done she looked around and smiled. “There you are Carz! No more free air bubble time for you naughty fly!”
THE REAL END!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment