July 2, 2010

Random Poems pt. 1

Each student was to come up with one origianl random line. Then the students were instructed to write a poem based an the line they chose. In each poem, the line that is in bold is the line another student came up with. Each poem is unique to the way the students' interpreted the random line.
Here are some of the Poems Waveney made up with the lines she chose.



THE LIVING _____

Colin’s line

They are very much alive.

They sway and dance to me.

They ask me to climb them.

They ask you too.

They cheer when I agree.

They try to hold still while I climb.

The wind whipped my face at the top.

They tell me they told it to.

They dance while I laugh.

They want you to answer.

They want you to climb.

And they want you to enjoy life.

(THEY ARE TREES)



STUBBORN

Katrin’s line

I had to babysit him.

Me, of all people.

Why couldn’t Francis do it?

He was the older one.

I even asked mom that question.

She ignored me.

Of course.

So here I am.

Stuck here with him.

Trying to make that 4 yr old laugh.

Whatever I tried to do

He wouldn’t budge an inch.


I tried to hula-hoop.

I fell.

I tried to get him to jump-rope.

He skinned his knee.

And he cried.

I got a band-aid.

And tried TV.

He fell asleep.

I thought he liked SpongeBob!!

He didn’t.

Finally, I nearly gave up.

Then he mumbled something.

An eight letter sentence.

It sounded like “zit cream”

Then he said it again.

It was ice cream.

I broke my hand in order to quickly get ice cream and some water.

I threw the water on him.

He ate the ice cream.

And then mom got home.

SO UNEVENTFUL.



REALLY RANDOM

Margaret’s line

How early can you be late?

It’s time to bake your cake.

Go pick a dandelion.

Oh darn a bug, I’m cryin’.

Go catch and eagle.

Boy, do I like beagles.

Middle school kids outside.

Come on, I want to ride.

Eat a big fat pie.

Don’t say a big mean lie.



FOOD AND GRASS

Avery’s line

Oh, food, food, food.

I am hungry!!

Give me some pancakes!!

The grass is green;

I WANT SOME PIE.

Gimme, gimme!!

Oo, lollipops.

Bubblegum!!

Tootsie Rolls!

Oh, no.

You don’t know the best!!

It’s called…..

BACON!!!



QUOTES FROM AUTHORS OF 39 CLUES AND NATHAN

Nathan’s line

Death is not for the soul, but for the body, and the heart.

-Nathan

Wouldn’t. Think. About. Ian.

-Jude Watson

Ask me, I’m a cow expert.

-Gordon Korman

GRRRROCK; Ian’s knee’s buckled.

-Peter Lerangis

If bringing down the wall would require you to fly, you must believe you can fly.

-Patrick Carman



911

My line

“Psshh! All police to 3/5 bank! I repeat! All forces to 3/5 bank!!

A bank robber at 3/5 bank! Go, go, go!!”

That was chief police.

All police cars made their way there.

They got there and were told,

“Sorry he left what he stole and ran off, clutching his leg!”

By the manager.

They went to the video cameras.

They watched in the video as the bank robber took the money.

Then ran off.

Then tripped on the steps and broke his leg in front.

Then dropped the money.

Then hopped into a car and drove away.

“Hmmph. The clumsy bank robber.”

The chief said.

Two cars chased after the robbers car.

One stayed and calmed everyone down.

The other 17 went back to the station to watch TV and eat donuts.

Well, happy day!

No comments: